If you’ve been sending bulk messages without success, these tips can help you write SMS marketing copy that resonates with your audience.
1. Sound Authentic
- Avoid generic, automated-sounding messages that lack a personal touch.
- Infuse your personality into your messages, paying attention to tone and style.
- Maintain consistency in your messaging across all platforms, from SMS to your website and emails.
2. Simplify Your Language
- Avoid using complex vocabulary or technical jargon.
- Keep your messages in plain language that’s easy for your audience to understand.
- Remember that simplicity is often more effective than complexity.
3. Personalize Your Message
- Connect with your prospects or clients on a personal level.
- Gather essential details about your clients, such as their names, property preferences, and location.
- Use these details to personalize your messages, addressing recipients by name and addressing their specific needs and interests.
4. Clearly Identify Yourself
- Always include your name or your team’s name in your messages.
- Ensure that recipients know who is sending the message and how to contact you.
- Building trust begins with clear identification.
5. Keep it Concise
- SMS messages have character limits (typically 160 characters).
- Capture your recipients’ attention with concise and to-the-point messages.
- Make sure your message delivers value within the character limit.
6. Use Shortened Links
- Include short links in your SMS messages, directing recipients to relevant content or platforms like YouTube for property tours.
- Keep links concise and branded with your company’s name for authenticity.
- Avoid lengthy, suspicious-looking links with symbols and characters.
Effective SMS marketing relies on creative and engaging messaging. By following these tips, you can craft SMS marketing messages that capture your audience’s attention, encourage engagement, and drive the success of your campaigns. Consider leveraging tools like Launch Control to enhance your SMS marketing efforts and reap the benefits for your business.