For real estate investors, establishing connections and nurturing leads is crucial for laying the foundation to close deals successfully. Whether through email, direct mail, calls, or SMS, a series of touchpoints is necessary to build relationships. Among these methods, a powerful tool unique to SMS engagement is drip campaigns. Let’s explore the importance of lead nurturing, the effectiveness of drip campaigns, and how they enhance follow-up efforts, ultimately leading to more closed deals.
The Power of Follow-Ups
According to a survey by InsideSales, it often takes an average of 18 touchpoints to connect with a lead. This highlights the importance of follow-ups for real estate investors. Following up shows your interest in doing business and helps keep you in mind when the time comes to sell. By continuing the conversation, answering questions, and providing relevant information in a timely manner, you will increase the likelihood of closing the deal.
What Is A Drip Campaign?
A drip campaign is a series of automated text messages sent to your leads over a specified period. The purpose of a drip campaign is to maintain engagement with leads. With drip campaigns, you can group leads into segments, create hyper-personalized messages that better resonate with leads, and relevant follow-ups. You have control over the campaign’s duration, timing, and message intervals. On average, a drip campaign can last for one to two years.
Benefits of Drip Campaigns:
- Increased Engagement: Well-crafted drip campaigns keep leads engaged and interested in your business. Delivering relevant and timely information increases the chances of property owners deciding to work with you.
- Consistency: Consistent messaging builds trust and establishes your business as a reliable source of information. Drip campaigns ensure that your leads receive regular, dependable messages, reinforcing your brand’s credibility.
- Personalization: Drip campaigns allow you to personalize messages according to your specific target audience. This tailored experience increases engagement and yields better results.
- Time Savings: Manually sending messages to each lead is time-consuming. Setting up automated messages in drip campaigns streamlines the process, enabling you to focus on more important tasks.
How to Create Effective Drip Campaigns for SMS Engagement
- Define Your Target Audience: Identify your target audience’s unique needs and interests to create targeted campaigns that capture their attention effectively
- Craft a Messaging Plan: Use conversational language and personalize each message to establish interest, trust, and credibility. Avoid repetitive content and tailor the messages to match the lead’s journey.
- Avoid Common Pitfalls: Refrain from repackaging the same message repeatedly, choose the appropriate approach for each lead, and avoid prematurely pushing contacts to your CRM.
- Establish a Drip Automation Timeline: Design a logical timeline for sending messages based on lead interest. More engaged leads can receive messages more frequently, while less responsive leads should have longer intervals between messages.
A Few Do’s and Don’ts:
- Use conversational, non-robotic language.
- Personalize each message, addressing specific aspects such as their property or experience.
- Establish interest, build trust, and credibility.
- Include messages that go beyond offers to buy their house.
- Repackage the same message in multiple ways.
- Repeat yourself excessively.
- Choose the wrong approach for a lead, being either too passive or too aggressive.
- Prematurely disposition contacts and push them to your CRM.
By consistently implementing SMS drip campaigns, real estate investors can fill their pipelines with deals filtering into their inbox for months. The power of drip campaigns lies in their ability to maintain engagement, nurture leads, and facilitate successful deal closures. Embrace the potential of SMS drip campaigns and unlock greater engagement, resulting in a thriving real estate business.